Choy sum, chicken and prawn noodle soup
- 2 cups liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 300g dried soba or udon noodles
- 150g chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 12 (about 240g) raw prawns, shelled with tails
- 12 (about 120g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 bunches choy sum (about 300g), stalks trimmed, halved, sliced
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Bring chicken stock, water, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to the boil in a large pot. Add noodles and cook for 6-8 minutes until almost cooked through.
2 Add chicken and prawns and cook for 2 minutes. Lastly add mushrooms, spring onions and choy sum. Cook for 2 more minutes. Divide among bowls and serve hot.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.