Choy sum, chicken and prawn noodle soupReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 300g dried soba or udon noodles
- 150g chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 12 (about 240g) raw prawns, shelled with tails
- 12 (about 120g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 bunches choy sum (about 300g), stalks trimmed, halved, sliced
1 Bring chicken stock, water, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to the boil in a large pot. Add noodles and cook for 6-8 minutes until almost cooked through.
2 Add chicken and prawns and cook for 2 minutes. Lastly add mushrooms, spring onions and choy sum. Cook for 2 more minutes. Divide among bowls and serve hot.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information