Courgette and pea pasta with ricotta cheese
- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, shaved in ½cm-thick ribbons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 250g reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup water.
2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook garlic, leek and courgettes for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add peas and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
3 Add spinach, chilli flakes, pasta, reserved pasta water and ricotta. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
No nutrition information available for this recipe.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
- Toss through rocket or shredded silver beet leaves instead of baby spinach.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon lemon zest and using more chilli flakes for extra flavour.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us