Courgette and pea pasta with ricotta cheeseReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, shaved in ½cm-thick ribbons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 250g reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup water.
2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook garlic, leek and courgettes for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add peas and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
3 Add spinach, chilli flakes, pasta, reserved pasta water and ricotta. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan then serve.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
- Toss through rocket or shredded silver beet leaves instead of baby spinach.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon lemon zest and using more chilli flakes for extra flavour.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information