Italian rice cakes
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 spring onions, green parts only, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup (100g) mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup (25g) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- To serve
- 4 cups broccoli, steamed
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced, steamed
- OR 8 cups mixed green salad
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil or spray a 12-cup muffin tray.
2 Mix rice, tomatoes, spring onions, olives, basil, cheeses, chilli sauce and eggs together in a bowl. Mix well then divide between muffin tins. Top with pumpkin seeds.
3 Bake for around 15-20 minutes; stand in tins for 5 minutes before removing. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrots, or a salad if preferred. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sweet chilli sauce.
If you are on the low FODMAP diet then use a sweet chilli sauce that does not include garlic. Additionally, semi dried tomatoes are low FODMAP in 8g serves and can become high FODMAP in larger serves. The amount of sun dried tomatoes used in this recipe is low FODMAP providing you divide the recipe into 4 serves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us