Courgette and tuna loaf
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 400g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 250g cottage cheese
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, zest, to garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place couscous in a large bowl, then add boiling water. Stir then cover bowl with a plate or plastic wrap.
2 After about 5 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
3 Line a 7-cup-capacity loaf tin with baking paper. Spoon loaf mixture into tin and roughly level the surface. Place in the middle of oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the centre is as firm as the edge when pressed gently.
4 Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove from tin and garnish with lemon zest and parsley on top. Slice and serve with salad.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us