Courgette, basil and feta muffinsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- ½ yellow capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped (or use shop-bought chargrilled red capsicums from a jar)
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 100g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup trim milk
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup grated courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly torn
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 2 x 12-hole muffin pans with oil spray. Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray and slowly cook capsicum and spring onions until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 In a medium-sized bowl whisk spread, eggs and milk until combined. Add the remaining ingredients, capsicum and spring onions.
3 Pour into prepared muffin pans. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
4 Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of baking mix and baking powder.
These muffins freeze well.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information