Kumara and courgette fritters with avocado salsa
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup grated courgette
- 2 cups peeled and grated kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- spray oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- Sweet chilli dip
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild sweet chilli sauce
1 Place grated courgette between paper towels and squeeze out excess liquid. Add courgette to a large bowl with kumara, carrot, onion, parsley, cumin and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Add eggs and mix until combined.
2 Heat a large non-stick fry pan on a medium heat and spray with oil. Fry quarter-cup measures of batter in batches, for 3—4 minutes each side, until golden. Repeat until all mixture is used.
3 To make salsa, combine ingredients in a large bowl.
4 In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and sweet chilli sauce; mix well.
5 Serve fritters with sweet chilli dip, and salsa on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check ground cumin and sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
- Press down on top of each fritter with a fish slice or the back of a spoon. This helps the fritter form a crust as it cooks.
- Freeze the fritters in single portions for handy meals for one. Serve with quarter amounts of the salsa and dip.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.