Creamy peanut vege curry
- 1 cup brown rice
- oil spray
- 200g firm tofu, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced in half moons
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
- fresh chilli slices or chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
- In a pot add brown rice and 2 cups water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing to lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add carrot and courgette and cook for 2 minutes. Return tofu to pan and reduce heat to low.
- In a jug combine peanut butter, chilli sauce, curry powder and coconut milk with 1 cup water. Add to pan and bring to a simmer, stirring. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, to reduce and thicken sauce. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve curry with rice, garnished with coriander and chilli, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check tofu, sweet chilli sauce and curry powder are gluten free.
This is a mild curry. If you like it hot, add more curry powder and garnish with fresh chillies or chilli flakes.
This recipe easily doubles and leftovers are great for lunch.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us