Maple-roasted pumpkin burritos with red slaw
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups peeled, 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- spray oil
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 4 large wholegrain tortillas, warmed
- ½ ripe avocado, mashed1½ tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, toss pumpkin, maple syrup and paprika to combine. Place on tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, lentils, coriander, lime juice, olive oil and extra maple syrup. Toss slaw. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Top each tortilla with some mashed avocado, slaw and roasted pumpkin. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Wrap to enclose and serve with a wedge of lime.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas. Check paprika is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use buttercup or supermarket squash and gluten-free tortillas. Rinse the canned lentils well before using.
Drizzle kumara with tahini dressing. Serve with mixed salad leaves dressed with remaining lemon juice and the olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.