Maple-roasted pumpkin burritos with red slaw
- 4 cups peeled, 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- spray oil
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 4 large wholegrain tortillas, warmed
- ½ ripe avocado, mashed1½ tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, toss pumpkin, maple syrup and paprika to combine. Place on tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, lentils, coriander, lime juice, olive oil and extra maple syrup. Toss slaw. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Top each tortilla with some mashed avocado, slaw and roasted pumpkin. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Wrap to enclose and serve with a wedge of lime.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas. Check paprika is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use buttercup or supermarket squash and gluten-free tortillas. Rinse the canned lentils well before using.
Drizzle kumara with tahini dressing. Serve with mixed salad leaves dressed with remaining lemon juice and the olive oil.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us