Sake garlic chicken with spinach
(at time of publication)
- 250g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons cooking sake (or white wine)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- white pepper, to season
- spray oil
- 200g baby spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups steamed rice, to serve
- 2 serves Seasonal salad with sesame seed dressing
- black sesame seeds, to garnish
1 In a small bowl place chicken, sake and garlic. Season with white pepper and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2 Place a wok over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Arrange spinach on a serving plate.
3 Spray wok again with oil and drain chicken, retaining marinade. Stir-fry chicken for 3-5 minutes or until brown. Add marinade, cover wok with lid and steam for a couple of minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4 Add tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce to wok and stir-fry until caramelised.
5 Add chicken to spinach. Serve with steamed rice and seasonal salad. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato and Worcestershire sauces are gluten free. Check mayonnaise, soy sauce and dashi in salad are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.