Smashed pea, broad bean and mint vegetarian bruschetta
- 8 slices wholegrain sourdough
- 1 garlic clove, cut
- 2 cups frozen peas, boiled or steamed
- 1½ cups frozen broad beansfavaX, boiled or steamed, peeled
- 1 lemon (2 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon rind strips), plus wedges to squeeze
- cracked black pepper
- 80g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves
1 Toast bread, then rub one side with the cut side of a garlic clove.
2 In a bowl, place two-thirds of the peas and beans. Coarsely crush with a fork. Stir in lemon juice and season with pepper.
3 Top prepared bread slices with pea mixture, then cheese. Sprinkle over the remaining peas and broad beans, the lemon rind and mint. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Make it vegan: Use vegan cheese. Check bread is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.