Smashed pea, broad bean and mint vegetarian bruschetta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 slices wholegrain sourdough
- 1 garlic clove, cut
- 2 cups frozen peas, boiled or steamed
- 1½ cups frozen broad beansfavaX, boiled or steamed, peeled
- 1 lemon (2 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon rind strips), plus wedges to squeeze
- cracked black pepper
- 80g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Toast bread, then rub one side with the cut side of a garlic clove.
2 In a bowl, place two-thirds of the peas and beans. Coarsely crush with a fork. Stir in lemon juice and season with pepper.
3 Top prepared bread slices with pea mixture, then cheese. Sprinkle over the remaining peas and broad beans, the lemon rind and mint. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Make it vegan: Use vegan cheese. Check bread is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)