Falafel Scotch eggs with sesame slaw
(at time of publication)
- 4 size 6 eggs
- 250g falafel mix
- spray oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups prepared slaw mix (without dressing)
- 3 cups finely sliced spinach
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons beetrootbeetsX or tomato chutney
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt (optional)
- In a pot of boiling water, place eggs and boil for 9 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Divide falafel mix into 4. Mould one portion of falafel mix around each egg to cover completely. Place on a baking dish lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning once or twice until outside of eggs is golden.
- While eggs are cooking, in a bowl combine sesame oil and lime juice. Add slaw, spinach, coriander and seeds and mix well.
- Slice eggs in half, and serve with slaw, chutney and yoghurt on the side, if using.
Make it gluten free: Choose gluten-free falafel mix and check chutney is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Vegetarian weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meat-free meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information