Field mushroom and vege sausage rigatoni
Time to make: 20 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g rigatoni pasta
- spray oil
- 4 vegetarian sausages, sliced into 5mm thick diagonal slices (I used Bean Supreme rosemary, sage and parsley flavour)
- 1/2 leek, washed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 field mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup light evaporated milk (I used Carnation)
- 1 teaspoon plain flourall purpose flourX
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Place a large saucepan of water over a high heat, bring to the boil, pour in the pasta and cook until al dente.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place on a medium heat. Add the sausage slices and fry 4-5 minutes until browned, remove from the pan and place to one side.
3 Place the pan back on the heat, spray with more oil if needed and add the leek and garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the mushrooms and cook a further 3-4 minutes until softened and brown. Pour in the soy sauce and add the sausage slices back to the pan, pour over the wine, wait a few moments for it the cook off, then add the evaporated milk and plain flour. Stir to combine and simmer gently for a few minutes until thickened and season to taste. Serve the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with the flat-leaf parsley. Serve with salad.
Turn it into lunch
4 Cook 1 medium-sized potato in the microwave for 10 minutes until soft. Re-heat 1 cup of leftover sausage and mushroom sauce. Slice the potato open, pour in the sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of grated edam cheese.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)