Ginger soy skewers with egg noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 200g dried egg noodles
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers or
- ½ telegraph cucumber halved lengthways, seeds removed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 medium carrots, peeled in long ribbons
- 250g tomatoes, sliced, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed unsalted peanuts
- lime wedges, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Soak bamboo skewers in a shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes then drain.
2 Meanwhile, combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, five-spice, pepper, ginger and honey in a large bowl. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3 Cook noodles in a medium saucepan of boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then drain again and transfer to a large salad bowl. Add cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, mint, coriander, lime juice and rice bran oil to bowl. Toss to combine.
4 Thread chicken onto skewers. Heat a grill pan or barbecue hotplate on high. Cook skewers for 1-2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5 Scatter skewers with crushed peanuts and serve with lime wedges and salad.
- Make it low FODMAP: Replace honey with maple syrup. Check your five spice powder does not include garlic powder. Choose gluten free noodles.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce, five-spice powder and noodles are gluten free.
You can freeze uncooked skewers (or marinated chicken) for up to one month.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.