Chicken, black bean and roasted pepper pizza
- 250g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 x 100g wholemeal pita breads
- 80g no-added-salt tomato paste
- 60g baby spinach leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, peeled into thin ribbons
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 150g roasted capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
1 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2 Toss chicken in paprika to coat. Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until light golden.
3 Place pita breads on prepared trays. Spread with tomato paste, then top evenly with spinach, courgettes, black beans, chicken, capsicum and cheese. Bake pizzas for 10–12 minutes or until crisp and golden.
4 Meanwhile, combine avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Season with black pepper. Top pizzas with avocado salsa and serve scattered with extra spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10.9g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 10.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information