Greek-style supper meze
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Mediterranean chicken
- 1/2 cup passata
- 4 tablespoons low-fat balsamic dressing
- 400g cooked lean chicken, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads, sliced
- Olive and date couscous
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock made with 3/4 teaspoon salt-reduced stock powder and 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, sliced
- 1 cooked beetrootbeetsX, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced salad vegetables (spring onions, cherry tomatoes and capsicum)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Place couscous in a bowl. Pour over chicken stock and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, mix passata with balsamic dressing and place in a bowl to use as a dip (served cold or warmed) with chicken.
3 Place tzatziki ingredients in a blender with a pinch of salt and whizz to mix. Adjust seasoning. Place in a small serving dish.
4 Fluff up couscous. Add dates, olives and vegetables with mint and blended balsamic and oil. Toss to mix. Serve on a platter with dip, pita breads and chicken.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free bread and quinoa instead of couscous. Check stock and pesto are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us