Green curry chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 2 cups snow peas or green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 225g can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- 1/4 cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Spray a large saucepan or wok with oil and set over high heat. Cook chicken, in two batches, turning, for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
- Spray same pan with a little more oil and return to medium heat. Gently fry onion for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add stock, coconut milk and carrots, and return chicken to pan. Bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until carrot is tender.
- Add snow peas or beans, capsicum and bamboo. Cover and simmer for a further 2–3 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Serve curry with steamed rice and garnish with coriander.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste and stock are gluten free.
Author: Chrissy Freer -
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
First published: Aug 20172017-07-13 14:54:57
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited