Grilled eggplant and beans with tahini yoghurt
- Tahini yoghurt
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini (see tip)
- 4 small (about 300g each) eggplantaubergineXs, halved lengthways
- olive spray oil
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 400g new potatoes, steamed mashed
1 In a small bowl, combine all tahiini yoghurt ingredients and set aside.
2 Heat a barbecue hotplate or grill pan over high heat. Lightly spray eggplant with oil. Cook eggplant halves skin-side down for 6 minutes. Turn and cook for another 4–5 minutes, or until tender and golden.
3 Transfer eggplant to serving plates. Halve lengthwise then top with borlotti beans. Dollop with tahini yoghurt and sprinkle with sesame seeds, rocket and mint. Serve with smashed potatoes.
- Make it vegan: Use soy yoghurt instead.
- Make it gluten free: Check tahini is gluten free.
Tahini is a sesame seed paste available in the health food section of your supermarket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Eggplant, aubergine recipes