Grilled eggplant and beans with tahini yoghurtReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- Tahini yoghurt
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini (see tip)
- 4 small (about 300g each) eggplantaubergineXs, halved lengthways
- olive spray oil
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 400g new potatoes, steamed mashed
1 In a small bowl, combine all tahiini yoghurt ingredients and set aside.
2 Heat a barbecue hotplate or grill pan over high heat. Lightly spray eggplant with oil. Cook eggplant halves skin-side down for 6 minutes. Turn and cook for another 4–5 minutes, or until tender and golden.
3 Transfer eggplant to serving plates. Halve lengthwise then top with borlotti beans. Dollop with tahini yoghurt and sprinkle with sesame seeds, rocket and mint. Serve with smashed potatoes.
- Make it vegan: Use soy yoghurt instead.
- Make it gluten free: Check tahini is gluten free.
Tahini is a sesame seed paste available in the health food section of your supermarket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information