Grilled lamb rump with quick braised chickpeas
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 x 150g lamb rumps or chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced in rounds
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste, plus extra if desired
- 6 pitted prunes
- 10 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- 3 cups cooked couscous
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large baking dish, add lamb rumps and rub with olive oil and mixed herbs.
- Heat a large ovenproof grill pan or barbecue to medium. Place lamb in pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until nice grill lines appear.
- Transfer lamb to oven and finish cooking for 8 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside to rest.
- While the lamb cooks, spray a heavy-based pot with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas and harissa and stir well. Add prunes and 1 cup boiling water, and cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Stir through spinach. Slice lamb into thick slices. Add more harissa for heat if desired. Serve lamb with chickpea mixture and couscous.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check harissa is gluten free
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us