Grilled lamb rump with quick braised chickpeas
- 6 x 150g lamb rumps or chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced in rounds
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste, plus extra if desired
- 6 pitted prunes
- 10 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large baking dish, add lamb rumps and rub with olive oil and mixed herbs.
- Heat a large ovenproof grill pan or barbecue to medium. Place lamb in pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until nice grill lines appear.
- Transfer lamb to oven and finish cooking for 8 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside to rest.
- While the lamb cooks, spray a heavy-based pot with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas and harissa and stir well. Add prunes and 1 cup boiling water, and cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Stir through spinach. Slice lamb into thick slices. Add more harissa for heat if desired. Serve lamb with chickpea mixture and couscous.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check harissa is gluten free
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like