Grilled prawns with snow peas, asparagus and noodle saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 180g soba noodles or rice noodles
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced into 3cm lengths
- 4 large radishes, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely sliced diagonally
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
- olive spray oil
- 400g large peeled green prawns
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, to serve
1 Prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Add snow peas and asparagus for last minute of cooking time. Blanch until tender. Drain noodles and veges. Refresh under a little cold water and drain again. Place noodles and veges in a large salad bowl with radishes, celery and spring onions.
2 Spray a large grill pan with olive oil and set over high heat. Add prawns and cook for 1 minute per side, or until coloured.
3 To make dressing, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dressing to noodles and veges. Toss well to combine.
4 Pile noodle salad onto a large serving platter and top with grilled prawns. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds and serve.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and soba noodles are gluten free.
- If you don’t enjoy seafood, you can replace the prawns in this recipe with lightly grilled strips of chicken or beef.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information