Grilled salmon with mixed bean and fennel salad
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 150g roasted red capsicum, drained, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 x 100g skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 lemon, cut in 4 wedges
1 Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Immerse green beans in boiling water to blanch for 2 minutes or until just tender then refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
2 Place green beans in a large salad bowl with cannellini beans, fennel, parsley, roasted capsicum, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil. Season salad with freshly ground black pepper and toss lightly to combine.
3 Add salmon fillets to pan and grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4 Divide salad among serving plates, top with grilled salmon and serve with a lemon wedge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us