Roasted whole cauliflower with tomato, fennel and chickpea galette
Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 25 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 tablespoons English mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 (1kg) cauliflower, leaves removed, left whole, washed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 fennel bulb, outer leaves removed, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry
- 1/3 cup onion jamjellyX or tomato relish
- handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 cups baby kale or curly kale, roughly chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Heat oven to 180°C. Combine mustard, 1 tablespoon of the oil and parmesan. Rub over cauliflower then place on a baking tray and sprinkle with water. Bake for 50 minutes, until deep golden.
- While cauliflower cooks, in a non-stick pan fry onion and fennel over a medium heat until well softened, about 10-15 minutes. Add fennel seeds, chilli, chickpeas and tomatoes. Cook a further 10 minutes until tomatoes are just softened. Set aside.
- Half-way through cauliflower cooking time, place pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread over onion jam. Scatter with onion and fennel mix and parsley. Dollop over sour cream and bake for 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Top galette with kale, lemon zest, a little of the juice and remaining teaspoon of oil. Slice and serve with cauliflower.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free mustard and pastry and check relish and sour cream are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us