Grilled vege stackReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 450g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, ends trimmed, cut in 5mm slices
- 200g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 150g peeled roasted capsicum, (not in oil), diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in 5mm slices
- 1 small (about 350g) eggplantaubergineX, ends trimmed, cut in 1cm slices
- oil spray
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze, to serve
1 Place kumara in a microwave-proof dish. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes or until almost tender. Drain any excess water.
2 Combine ricotta, chives and lemon zest and season with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside. Combine capsicum, balsamic vinegar and olive oil then set aside.
3 Place a large chargrill pan or barbecue grill over a high heat. Spray all sliced vegetables lightly with oil. Grill each side for 2 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside to cool.
4 To serve, place one-quarter of the eggplant on the base of each serving plate. Spread each with one-third of the ricotta mixture, then spoon over one-eighth of the lentils. Top each with one-quarter of the courgettes, another layer of ricotta, some more lentils and finally, one-quarter of the kumara. Finish with a large spoonful of capsicum and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- This dish goes well with steak or chicken.
- Find balsamic glaze with dressings in the supermarket.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information