Haloumi, courgette and capsicum kebabs
Time to make: 30 mins , plus 30 mins marinating (optional)
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 120g haloumi, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, roughly chopped
- 8 wooden (soaked) or metal skewers
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- oil spray
- 120g baby mesclun salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 4 toasted wholemeal pitas, to serve
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Thread haloumi, capsicums, onion and courgettes alternately onto skewers. Place kebabs on a large plate in a single layer.
2 Combine 1/4 cup of the lemon juice with oregano, rosemary and half of the olive oil in a small jug to make marinade. Brush kebabs with marinade, cover with a piece of cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
3 Lightly spray a barbecue hotplate with oil and set to a medium-high heat. Cook kebabs, turning often, for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4 Meanwhile, combine remaining lemon juice and olive oil in a salad bowl. Add salad leaves, cucumber, celery and sprouts to bowl. Toss.
5 Garnish vegetable kebabs with extra oregano and rosemary and serve with green salad and torn toasted pita.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us