Fresh bean and lentil saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g dried puy or brown lentils
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g green beans, halved, blanched
- 100g snow peas, halved, blanched
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Place lentils in a pan with rosemary, celery and garlic. Pour over 1 litre water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2 Drain lentils and place in a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
3 Stir in beans, peas, spring onions and tomatoes. Season with black pepper.
4 Mix oil and balsamic together and drizzle over salad. Toss lightly. Top with parmesan cheese to serve (optional).
To blanch vegetables, place in a heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over. Leave for several minutes. Drain and plunge in cold water. Use as required.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information