Ham and vegetable pizza
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Pizza base
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus flour for kneading
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8g sachet instant yeast
- 170ml warm water
- olive oil spray, for greasing
- 1/2 cup tomato purée or pasta sauce
- 175g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 1/2 chorizo sausage, diced
- 2 slices of lean ham, diced
- pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 0g
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. To make pizza base, sieve flour and salt in a bowl. Stir in yeast. Add water and mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth, not sticky, using more flour if needed. Place dough in a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size – about 30 minutes.
2 Lightly grease a 24cm-round pizza pan. Once dough has doubled in size, knead for a few minutes on a floured surface, then roll in a round to fit pan. Transfer to pan and spread base with sauce. Add cheese, vegetables and meats to cover evenly. Spray with oil.
3 Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until base looks crisp and golden. Season with pepper and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Make it vegetarian: Instead of chorizo and ham, use mushrooms and olives on pizza topping.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us