Harissa and yoghurt chicken
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 600g skinless chicken thigh cutlets (with bone in)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 small red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl combine yoghurt, harissa, coriander and cumin. Add chicken and coat with mixture.
2 Arrange cutlets on baking tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, boil or microwave peas for 2 minutes and combine with cooked rice and mint. Serve rice topped with chicken, garnished with capsicum and spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt and harissa are gluten free.
- Harissa is a Moroccan-style chilli paste. You can find it in delis or Middle Eastern specialty stores.
- Or make your own: Blend or crush dried chilli flakes, sliced garlic and cumin together with a little no-added-salt tomato paste and olive oil. Vary the amounts of these ingredients to suit your own taste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.