Harissa and yoghurt chicken
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 600g skinless chicken thigh cutlets (with bone in)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 small red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl combine yoghurt, harissa, coriander and cumin. Add chicken and coat with mixture.
2 Arrange cutlets on baking tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, boil or microwave peas for 2 minutes and combine with cooked rice and mint. Serve rice topped with chicken, garnished with capsicum and spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt and harissa are gluten free.
- Harissa is a Moroccan-style chilli paste. You can find it in delis or Middle Eastern specialty stores.
- Or make your own: Blend or crush dried chilli flakes, sliced garlic and cumin together with a little no-added-salt tomato paste and olive oil. Vary the amounts of these ingredients to suit your own taste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.