Chicken, eggplant and capsicum bake with cauliflower mash
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- oil spray
- 1 portion reserved tomato and eggplantaubergineX sauce (from Day 2 recipe, see tips)
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 80g roasted red capsicum, drained, sliced
- 2 medium-sized (250g) desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium-sized head cauliflower, trimmed, cut in florets
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Slice chicken fillets horizontally through the centre to make 4 thin fillets. Set a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken to pan and cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer chicken to a large baking dish.
2 Place reserved Tomato and eggplant sauce, chilli flakes, vinegar and capsicum in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over cooked chicken in dish. Place dish in oven to bake for 20 minutes or until tomato mixture thickens and chicken is cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, place potatoes and cauliflower in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetables well and return to saucepan. Add trim milk to pan and mash until smooth.
4 Halve chicken fillets crossways. Divide chicken and cauliflower mash among serving plates. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken and scatter with parsley.
5 Serve with cauliflower mash with green beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
This recipe is part of our 7 days, 7 dinners feature – make dinners for a week easily, including ‘make ahead’ components to be used in other dishes.
Day 6: Chicken, eggplant and capsicum bake with cauliflower mash (above)
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us