- 150g reduced-fat butter (we used Lurpak Lighter Spreadable), plus extra to grease
- 1 cup (150g) ready-to-eat soft stonepitXd dates
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 30g toasted whole hazelnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup (85g) ready-to-eat dried apricots, finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups (225g) rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Grease and line a shallow 17.5cm square tin with baking paper. Put the dates and apple juice in a food processor and whiz until smooth.
2 Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Take the pan off the heat, then stir in the date purée with the remaining ingredients to combine. Press the mixture into the prepared tin with damp hands, then bake for 20–25 min until just golden.
3 Remove and set aside to cool for 10 min. Cut into squares while still warm in the tin, then leave to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10.7g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 3.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us