Creamy vege penne
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 spring onions, green part only
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced thinly
- 200g broccolini or 2 ½ cups broccoli, cut in florets
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- chilli flakes or fresh chilli; basil leaves; freshly ground black pepper, to garnish (optional)
1 Cook penne according to packet instructions. When cooked, save 1/2 cup pasta water and set aside before draining.
2 Heat half the garlic oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add spring onions, courgettes and broccolini and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, until tomatoes are softened.
3 Add the cooked penne, ricotta and half the parmesan. Stir, using a little of the reserved pasta water to make a smooth texture.
4 Serve, garnishing with the remaining parmesan and garlic oil. Add basil and chilli flakes, if using.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free penne.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information