Creamy vege penne
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 spring onions, green part only
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced thinly
- 200g broccolini or 2 ½ cups broccoli, cut in florets
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- chilli flakes or fresh chilli; basil leaves; freshly ground black pepper, to garnish (optional)
1 Cook penne according to packet instructions. When cooked, save 1/2 cup pasta water and set aside before draining.
2 Heat half the garlic oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add spring onions, courgettes and broccolini and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, until tomatoes are softened.
3 Add the cooked penne, ricotta and half the parmesan. Stir, using a little of the reserved pasta water to make a smooth texture.
4 Serve, garnishing with the remaining parmesan and garlic oil. Add basil and chilli flakes, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free penne.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us