Hearty miso ginger chicken soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 ½ tablespoons miso paste
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery, including leaves, roughly sliced
- 200g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 heads bok choy or 2 cups silver beet leaves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chilli sauce, eg, sriracha (optional), to garnish
- 2 slices wholegrain sourdough or other grainy bread
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 In a large pot, place miso paste, ginger and garlic with 2 cups hot water. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve miso. Add carrot, mushrooms and celery. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
2 Add chicken slices and cook for 2 minutes, then add bok choy and cook for 1 more minute. Check chicken is cooked through, then remove from the heat.
3 Divide chicken and vegetables between bowls, then spoon over miso broth. Drizzle over sesame oil, garnish with chilli sauce, if desired, and serve with bread.
Make it gluten free: Check miso is gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.