Hearty miso ginger chicken soup
- 1 ½ tablespoons miso paste
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery, including leaves, roughly sliced
- 200g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 heads bok choy or 2 cups silver beet leaves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chilli sauce, eg, sriracha (optional), to garnish
- 2 slices wholegrain sourdough or other grainy bread
1 In a large pot, place miso paste, ginger and garlic with 2 cups hot water. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve miso. Add carrot, mushrooms and celery. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
2 Add chicken slices and cook for 2 minutes, then add bok choy and cook for 1 more minute. Check chicken is cooked through, then remove from the heat.
3 Divide chicken and vegetables between bowls, then spoon over miso broth. Drizzle over sesame oil, garnish with chilli sauce, if desired, and serve with bread.
Make it gluten free: Check miso is gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us