Smoked fish cakes with chipotle mayo
- 400g agria potatoes, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 cups roughly chopped baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus extra sprigs to garnish (optional)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¹/³ cup self-raising flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 3 x 92g cans smoked kippers
- spray oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200C. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, up to the spray oil, well.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. When hot, place a few large spoonfuls of fritter mixture into pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side, until browned. In a baking dish, place cooked fritters and set aside. Repeat until all fritters are cooked, then place dish into the oven for 10 minutes.
3 In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yoghurt and chipotle sauce.
4 Serve fritters with chipotle mayo.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check paprika, mayonnaise and chipotle sauce are gluten free.
Leftover fritters make a great breakfast – top with a poached egg.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
One comment on Smoked fish cakes with chipotle mayo
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
My husband loved these