Smoked fish cakes with chipotle mayo
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g agria potatoes, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 cups roughly chopped baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus extra sprigs to garnish (optional)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¹/³ cup self-raising flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 3 x 92g cans smoked kippers
- spray oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200C. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, up to the spray oil, well.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. When hot, place a few large spoonfuls of fritter mixture into pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side, until browned. In a baking dish, place cooked fritters and set aside. Repeat until all fritters are cooked, then place dish into the oven for 10 minutes.
3 In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yoghurt and chipotle sauce.
4 Serve fritters with chipotle mayo.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check paprika, mayonnaise and chipotle sauce are gluten free.
Leftover fritters make a great breakfast – top with a poached egg.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.5 / 5)