Herbed chicken salad
Time to make: 20 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2-3 (125g) chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs
- olive oil spray
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 25g feta cheese, chopped
- 1 cup mesclun salad greens
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons roast capsicum-flavoured hummus
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat grill. Sprinkle chicken with herbs and spray with oil. Grill for 8-10 minutes or cook in a non-stick pan until lightly golden.
2 Toast bread. Meanwhile, combine chopped tomato, cucumber and feta with mesclun greens. Toss with vinaigrette.
3 Arrange on plate. Spread toast with hummus and cut in triangles. Arrange around salad and top with chicken.
WINNER: Meals for one category
HFG reader recipe competition 2009
Brylee Cresswell, Rotorua
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check hummus is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us