Chicken, lentil and pumpkin curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 6 (500g) skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded, finely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ cup red lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 500g pumpkin, cut in chunks
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- ½ cup light coconut cream (we used Trident)
1 Cook onion, garlic and ginger in oil until softened. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook for a few more minutes.
2 Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients – adding stock and coconut cream last. Stir well. Cook on low for 6 hours.
3 Stir well. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Serve with fresh coriander and rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.