Chicken, lentil and pumpkin curry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 6 (500g) skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded, finely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ cup red lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 500g pumpkin, cut in chunks
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- ½ cup light coconut cream (we used Trident)
1 Cook onion, garlic and ginger in oil until softened. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook for a few more minutes.
2 Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients – adding stock and coconut cream last. Stir well. Cook on low for 6 hours.
3 Stir well. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Serve with fresh coriander and rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like