Homemade muesli bars
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 cup wholegrain oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit such as sultanasgolden raisinsX, apricots, prunes, dates
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm x 30cm cake tin with oil and line with baking paper. Set aside. Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2 In another bowl whisk together egg and egg white until frothy. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in eggs, oil and juice concentrate. Mix until all ingredients are coated.
3 Press mixture into prepared tin. Cook for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.