Honey pork noodle stir-fry
- 300g lean pork (either thinly sliced schnitzel or lean pork mince)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 cups chopped seasonal vegetables: courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, capsicum, beans, broccoli
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2-3 bundles dried noodles
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
1 Cook the noodles according to the packet directions.
2 While the noodles are cooking, heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir-fry the pork, then add the onion and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, until onion is soft.
3 Add the soy sauce, honey, chilli sauce, peanut butter and stock, then toss in the vegetables and mix well, stir-fry until the vegetables are tender crisp. Divide the noodles between four bowls and pile on the stir-fried pork and vegetables. Spoon over any additional sauce.
A sprinkle of cashew nuts or crispy noodles is a tasty addition to this dish.
Sesame oil not only has a delicious flavour, it is heat tolerant and has a low viscosity, ie. it can get very hot without smoking and when heated it thins out. So a little goes a long way, making it ideal for stir-frying.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.