Spicy pork and eggplant
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 spring onion
- 200g pork mince
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small eggplantaubergineX, cut in 2cm cubes
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 5cm piece ginger, sliced roughly
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw mix (omit dressing)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice, warmed
- chilli flakes or fresh chilli, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil over medium-high. Add spring onion, pork and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add eggplant, stock, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and 1 cup water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until eggplant is soft and collapsing.
2 Add baby spinach and combine well, stirring until wilted. Remove from heat. In a bowl, combine remaining sesame oil and lemon juice then stir through coleslaw.
3 Serve pork with warmed rice and slaw. Garnish with chilli flakes or fresh chilli, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce, stock and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Substitute pork mince with TVP or ‘No Meat Mince’ and use Massel vegan stock.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.