Hot miso ramen soup
- 150g chicken mince
- 1 teaspoon tobandjan (chilli soy bean paste)
- 1 teaspoon gochujang (Korean chilli paste), optional
- spray oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons white (or mixed) miso
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 800g shelf-fresh egg noodles
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half, to garnish
- wakame (edible seaweed), soaked in water for 1 minute and drained, to garnish
- 2 spring onions, chopped, to garnish
- sweet corn sweetcornXkernels (fresh or canned, drained), to garnish
- 3 bok choy, cut into quarters, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 2 cups mung beans, blanched and refreshed in cold water, squeezed to remove excess water
1 In a small bowl mix chicken mince with tobandjan and gochujang (if using).
2 Place a wok or large pan over high heat and spray with oil. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
3 Add chicken mince and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked.
4 Add 1.2 litres water, bring to the boil and add miso, sugar, soy sauce and mirin. Stir until dissolved and then simmer over low heat.
5 Meanwhile, boil another 1.2 litres water in a large pan and cook noodles as instructed until al dente. Drain and place in serving bowls.
6 Add miso soup to bowls and garnish with egg, wakame, spring onion and corn kernels. Serve with bok choy and mung beans.
If you can’t find tobandjan, try a little chilli sauce instead.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like