Hot miso ramen soupReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 150g chicken mince
- 1 teaspoon tobandjan (chilli soy bean paste)
- 1 teaspoon gochujang (Korean chilli paste), optional
- spray oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons white (or mixed) miso
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 800g shelf-fresh egg noodles
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half, to garnish
- wakame (edible seaweed), soaked in water for 1 minute and drained, to garnish
- 2 spring onions, chopped, to garnish
- sweet corn sweetcornXkernels (fresh or canned, drained), to garnish
- 3 bok choy, cut into quarters, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 2 cups mung beans, blanched and refreshed in cold water, squeezed to remove excess water
1 In a small bowl mix chicken mince with tobandjan and gochujang (if using).
2 Place a wok or large pan over high heat and spray with oil. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
3 Add chicken mince and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked.
4 Add 1.2 litres water, bring to the boil and add miso, sugar, soy sauce and mirin. Stir until dissolved and then simmer over low heat.
5 Meanwhile, boil another 1.2 litres water in a large pan and cook noodles as instructed until al dente. Drain and place in serving bowls.
6 Add miso soup to bowls and garnish with egg, wakame, spring onion and corn kernels. Serve with bok choy and mung beans.
If you can’t find tobandjan, try a little chilli sauce instead.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information