Curried chicken with couscous
(at time of publication)
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets (600g total), fat trimmed
- 1 cup couscous
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- coriandercilantroX sprigs, to garnish
1 Combine ginger, curry powder and lime juice in a medium-sized bowl. Add chicken. Turn to coat.
2 Place a large, oiled frying pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 10-12 minutes until golden and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, mix couscous and 1 cup boiling water in a large heatproof bowl. Cover and stand for about 5 minutes until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in lentils and coriander. Spoon chicken and pan juices over couscous and serve with coriander sprigs and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.