Curried chicken with couscousReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets (600g total), fat trimmed
- 1 cup couscous
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- coriandercilantroX sprigs, to garnish
1 Combine ginger, curry powder and lime juice in a medium-sized bowl. Add chicken. Turn to coat.
2 Place a large, oiled frying pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 10-12 minutes until golden and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, mix couscous and 1 cup boiling water in a large heatproof bowl. Cover and stand for about 5 minutes until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in lentils and coriander. Spoon chicken and pan juices over couscous and serve with coriander sprigs and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information