Herby rice salad with grilled chicken and kalettes
(at time of publication)
- ¹/³ cup brown rice
- 1 cup finely sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX or Vietnamese mint
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut threads, toasted
- ½ cup finely sliced green beans
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, very finely sliced
- 300g bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic-infused oil
- spray oil
- 2 cups quartered kalettes or halved Brussels sprouts
- chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
1 Cook rice following packet instructions. When cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Combine rice with next 7 ingredients.
2 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken on a lined baking dish. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and garlic oil and rub over chicken. Cook chicken for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
3 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry kalettes until tender but still green. Serve chicken with rice salad, kalettes and chilli sauce, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and chilli sauces are gluten free.
If you can’t find kalettes, use Brussels sprouts, silver beet or other greens.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information