Italian steak salad stack
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 450g roasted baby vegetables (such as carrots and beetrootbeetsX), trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 400g lean rump beef steaks
- 2 x Turkish flatbreads or paninis
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 8 tablespoons balsamic dressing made with 3 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Place baby vegetables in an ovenproof dish and spray with oil. Cook for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden. Add tomatoes for the final 5 minutes cooking time.
2 Meanwhile, spray steaks with oil. Heat a non-stick pan to a high heat. Add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside. Halve bread and respray pan with oil. Cook until lightly golden.
3 Lay bread on serving plates and spread with pesto. Thinly slice beef. Top each bread piece with spinach and roasted vegetables. Finish with beef. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check pesto and dressing are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us