Italian-style baked fish
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 large (600g) tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 4 x 150g tarakihi fillets
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- To serve
- 3/4 cup risoni pasta or other small pasta
- 300g broccolini
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish. Place half of the tomato slices in the base of dish. Top with fish. Season with pepper and lemon juice.
2 Top each piece of fish with some pesto, ricotta then basil. Finish with remaining tomato slices. Season with pepper once more. Sprinkle with parmesan and pine nuts. Spray with a little oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, cook pasta and steam vegetables. Once fish is cooked serve with pasta mixed with steamed vegetables, garnished with basil.
Make it gluten free: Check pesto is gluten free and use rice instead of risoni.
See How to cook fish for more cooking techniques and recipe ideas.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)