Quick fish and chips with rainbow wasabi slawReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 700g floury potatoes such as agria, cut lengthwise in wedges
- oil spray
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi (or less to taste)
- 4 cups ready-made slaw (we used Krispkut Japanese-style slaw)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, dry roasted
- 4 tablespoons wasabi peas
- 4 x 150g fillets fresh hoki or other white fish
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook potatoes, covered, in microwave on high for 7 minutes. Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden, turning once.
2 Meanwhile combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and wasabi. Stir through slaw. Add sunflower seeds and wasabi peas.
3 Spray fish with oil. Heat a heavy-based pan until hot. Cook fish, turning, until just cooked through (depending on the thickness of the fillets).
4 Serve fish with chips and slaw. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information