Kale, vege and pumpkin seed slice
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 large carrots, grated
2 large red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
2 1/2 cups chopped kale
1/3 cup trim milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme and oregano)
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
250g punnet cherry tomatoes (or on the vine, if possible)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
- In a large, deep non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium. Gently fry onion for 5–6 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, carrot and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes, or until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir through fresh herbs, pepper and half of the parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Lightly spray a 6cm-deep x 22cm x 32cm rectangular baking dish with oil and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper. Scatter vegetables into the dish, then pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle top evenly with pumpkin seeds and remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until golden, puffed and set. Meanwhile, on a baking-paper lined baking tray place tomatoes and spray with oil. Roast for 10 minutes, or until just wilted.
- To serve, divide slice into 8 wedges and top with roasted tomatoes.