Kale, vege and pumpkin seed slice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 2 large red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cups chopped kale
- 18 eggs
- ⅓ cup trim milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme and oregano)
- black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes (or on the vine, if possible)
- In a large, deep non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium. Gently fry onion for 5–6 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, carrot and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes, or until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir through fresh herbs, pepper and half of the parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Lightly spray a 6cm-deep x 22cm x 32cm rectangular baking dish with oil and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper. Scatter vegetables into the dish, then pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle top evenly with pumpkin seeds and remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until golden, puffed and set. Meanwhile, on a baking-paper lined baking tray place tomatoes and spray with oil. Roast for 10 minutes, or until just wilted.
- To serve, divide slice into 8 wedges and top with roasted tomatoes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
To make a meal of this recipe, serve slice with wholegrain bread and salad.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us