Katsu chicken with slaw and rice
- 1 frozen crumbed chicken cutlet (I used Waitoa gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup ready-made coleslaw
- pottle ready-steamed rice (or rice and quinoa)
- 1 tablespoon kimchi or relish, to serve
1 Cook chicken following packet instructions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and mustard. Take out ½ teaspoon and reserve for serving. Add slaw to the remaining dressing and toss to coat.
2 When chicken is cooked, cut into thick slices. Heat rice in microwave for 90 seconds.
3 Serve chicken with rice and slaw, drizzled with remaining dressing and kimchi on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
No nutrition information available for this recipe.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us