Quick chickpea and tofu curry
(at time of publication)
- 1kg bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 200g tofu, cubed
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 80g red curry paste
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 250g bag 2-minute express brown rice
- ½ cup roasted unsalted cashews
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Place the frozen vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on a medium heat for 5—6 minutes until defrosted.
2 Meanwhile heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 1—2 minutes. Add the tofu, chickpeas and curry paste and fry for a further 2—3 minutes before adding the sugar, tomatoes and defrosted veges. Simmer for 8—10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add more water for a thinner sauce.
3 Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with a couple of tablespoons of rice and top with cashews. Garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 19g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.