Chicken and pumpkin green curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons green curry paste (see Tip)
- 500g chicken breast fillets, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500g pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 large courgette, trimmed, sliced
- ½ teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- lime juice, to taste
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and stir for 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add chicken and stir-fry until coated in paste.
2 Add stock and coconut milk to wok; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 3–4 minutes. Add pumpkin and partially cover pan; simmer for 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
3 Add broccoli to wok; simmer for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and courgette; simmer for 2 minutes, or until veges are just tender. Add sugar with lime juice to taste.
4 Top steamed rice with curry, garnish with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and curry paste are gluten free.
Curry pastes vary dramatically in their degree of spiciness. Start with a small amount and add more, as required.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.