Chicken and pumpkin green curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons green curry paste (see Tip)
- 500g chicken breast fillets, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500g pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 large courgette, trimmed, sliced
- ½ teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- lime juice, to taste
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
1 Heat olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and stir for 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add chicken and stir-fry until coated in paste.
2 Add stock and coconut milk to wok; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 3–4 minutes. Add pumpkin and partially cover pan; simmer for 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
3 Add broccoli to wok; simmer for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and courgette; simmer for 2 minutes, or until veges are just tender. Add sugar with lime juice to taste.
4 Top steamed rice with curry, garnish with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and curry paste are gluten free.
Curry pastes vary dramatically in their degree of spiciness. Start with a small amount and add more, as required.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.