One-pot tortelliniReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped vegetables such as onion, carrot, and celery
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with mixed herbs
- 5-6 cups hot liquid salt-reduced vegetable or garlic stock made with 2 teaspoons salt-reduced stock powder
- 300g pack fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini pasta or chicken tortellini pasta
- 400g can kidney beans or butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
1 Heat a large non-stick pan with oil spray. Cook garlic with chopped vegetables until softened.
2 Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3 Add tortellini, beans and chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes.
Garnish with basil and serve immediately with fresh parmesan cheese shavings.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check stock and flavoured canned tomatoes are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information