Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g pack tofu
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- 2 medium carrots, grated or shredded
- 250g baby spinach or 6 cups chopped spinach
- 4 eggs
- 250g bag bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2-3 teaspoons hot chilli sauce (optional)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Spray a non-stick frying or chargrill pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook tofu for 2-3 minutes each side, or until heated through. Remove from pan, slice into strips and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, place sliced carrot in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Remove with a slotted spoon after 1 minute, then blanch baby spinach for 30 seconds, or until just wilted. Drain and keep vegetables warm.
- Return frying pan to medium-high heat and spray again with oil. Fry eggs for 1 minute for a runny yolk, or to your liking.
- Divide rice, tofu, carrot, spinach and bean sprouts among 4 serving bowls. Top with a fried egg, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with hot chilli sauce, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and chilli sauce are gluten free.
A traditional bibimbap bowl separates each ingredient. The idea is that you mix all the ingredients together when eating.
If you are on the low FODMAP diet then you will need to choose a hot chilli sauce that does not contain garlic.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us